jueves, 16 de mayo de 2013

I felt very strong in my heart the impulse to write


May 16Our earthly life is slowly dying on us just as it is necessary to die in us our imperfections. Imperfections, it is true, that pious souls who suffer, may also be sources of merit and powerful motives to acquire virtues, because through those imperfections, we get to know ever better the gulf of misery which we exist, and these we drive to exercise ourselves in humility, in contempt of ourselves, in patience and effort.My son, I do not know what impression will produce in your soul this poor letter, but everything I wrote at the foot of the crucifix. I felt very strong in my heart the impulse to write what you have written, because I've tried that a large part of your evil past has been motivated for doing large projects and looking after the results were very small and that the forces were insufficient to implement those desires, those plans and those ideas were tormented by anxiety and impatience, restlessness and disturbance of mind and heart. From here were born in your heart all the mistrust, languor, villainy and failures. And if all this is true, as unfortunately it is in reality, be more careful from here on out, walk coming ashore, because the high sea will produce vertigo and dizziness caused you.(November 25, 1917, Luis Bozzuto - Ep. IV, p. 403)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario