martes, 3 de abril de 2012

Divine Fire



March 3


Sometimes I wonder if souls do not feel chest burn with fire divine, especially when facing him in the sacrament. This seems impossible, especially if it is a priest, a monk. Perhaps the souls who claim they do not feel this fire, do not feel it because maybe his heart is bigger. Only with this benign interpretation I can not apply the shameful label of liars.
There are times that I presented to the mind the severity of Jesus, and that's when I suffer bitterly, I start to consider their jokes and this fills me with joy. I can not not leave me this sweetness, this happiness ... What is, my father, what I feel? I have so much trust in Jesus, even if he saw hell open before me and find me on the edge of the abyss, not become suspicious, I do not despair, trust him.
Such is the confidence that inspires me his meekness. When I get to see the great battles against the devil, with God's help, I passed, so many that you can not count them.
Who knows how many times my faith would have hesitated and my hope and charity would have been weakened, if he had reached out to me and my intellect would have been obscured, if Jesus, eternal sunshine, I had not lit!
I also acknowledge that I am entirely the work of his infinite love. Nothing has denied, indeed, I have to say that has given me more than I asked.
(December 3, 1912, Father Agustin de San Marcos in Lamis - Letters. I, p. 316)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario