jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2013

Novena in honor of St. Francis of Assisi.


First Day


God calls whom He wills : Francis of Assisi called by God


THE BEGINNINGS OF THE EVANGELICAL ADVENTURE

By the sign of the Holy Cross +From our enemies +Deliver us Lord our God +In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit + Amen
Act of Contrition :Lord Jesus Christ, true God and man , Creator , Father and Redeemer mine, for being who you are and why you I love you above all things , weighs me Lord , I repent in the soul and in my heart I offended . I firmly believe and propose amendments to never sin, to turn away from the times of confession and penance was imposed on me for my sins . Lord I offer you my life , work and work satisfaction of all my sins . So as I pray , and trust in your infinite mercy forgive me and give me light and grace to mend and persevere in your holy service until the last moment and end my life amen.Scripture Reading:26See, brethren, who have been called! : Not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble . 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise . And God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong . 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised , what is not to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before God. 30 By him are you in Christ Jesus , whom God made ​​our wisdom , righteousness, sanctification and redemption , 31 so that, as it is written : He who boasts , boast in the Lord. (1 Cor 1.26 to 30 )FRANCIS OF ASSISIBorn in Assisi (Italy ) , in 1181 /82. Son of Madonna Pica and Peter Bernadone , wealthy merchant in cloth . He lived in his hometown cheerful and happy childhoods . Jovial character , altruistic , dreamy , chivalry , Francis loved life and his country. At 20 he participated in the war against Perugia Assisi , which was taken prisoner . Soon after, in the expedition to Puglia left the army after a mysterious dream inviting him to follow "the love rather than the servant " and returned to Assisi . After a misspent youth in amusement , became resigned to parental property and gave himself to God. He embraced poverty and lived a gospel , preaching to all the love of God. He gave his fans some wise rules , which were then approved by the Holy See. He founded an order of monks and women first follower , Santa Clara who founded the Poor Clares , inspired by Him Francisco finally come to countless people who want to be like him and he proposes to live the same life but in the evangelical world . Words, being father and mother copies , and also being people committed to the Church and the Kingdom of God. Therefore we can consider as Father Francis of Assisi and founder of the First , Second and Third Order. God called him to be " Living Gospel " . He was left captivated by Christ Poor, Humble and Jesus Christ crucified and wanted to appear visibly in the body of Francisco through printing the sores on his hands and feet and side . God called him to "repair the Church" and to this day continues holding
With this first meditation not only want to see from afar the life of Francis of Assisi , as if we did through a glass , the glass of time. Perhaps the image you have of him is a romantic , medieval , or even dated.
Hopefully and in the course of these nine days you can find that it is not.The text of 1 Corinthians helps us to bring us into this vast ocean of love and mercy of God who calls whom want and not the smartest people according to the world , but to those who are endowed with the wisdom of God.To review our life :These questions will truly immerse into your life and in your story . Let God speak through them and you'll have an answer to many of these questions that you harbor in your heart .1. What importance do you give me the call of God on my life?Two . At any stage of life you find me am I aware of the presence of God at every moment ?Three . Can I count myself among the wise among fools or the Gospel ?April . I'm aware that God has justified me for free to be his son?May . Am I willing to accept the holiness that God offers me ? How do you show ?June . I live as a person saved ?
PRAYER TO THE SAN FRANCISCO SAN DAMIAN CRUCIFIX
High, glorious God ,enlighten the darknessof my heartand give me true faith ,certain hopeand perfect charity,sense and knowledge .Lord , to serveYour holy and true command .
- After your reflection say three Our ​​Father and three Hail Mary and Glory- Ask the Lord to grant you what you most need and be your willFINAL PRAYERInvitation to restoreall good to the Lord( Earlier Rule , XVII ,17 -18 )
And refer all good to the LordGod Most High ,and recognize that all are yours ,and give thanks for everything ,since all the goods he came.And the same Most High ,the only true God,possesses , he is taxedand he gets all the honors and bows,all praise and blessings,all thanksgiving and glory ,for theirs is so good,and he alone is good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario