sábado, 21 de enero de 2012

I found my soul loveth ... I hugged him and release him



January 21
My soul melts with sorrow and love, bitterness and sweetness at the same time. What shall I do to support such an immense act of the Almighty? What I have in me, and is of such joy that brings me, without being able to avoid, to say to Our Lady: "My spirit rejoices in God my Savior."
What I have in me, and I feel the urge to say with the bride in the Song of Songs: "I found my soul loveth ... I hugged him and release him. "But when I am unable to support the weight of this infinite love, to keep entirely on the smallness of my existence, and terror invades me, because you may have to leave by the inability to contain it within the narrow confines of my heart .
This thought, which, on the other hand, is not unfounded (I measure my strength, which are very limited, unable and powerless to have always strongly embraced this divine love), torture me, grieves me, and I feel the heart leaps in my chest.
(January 12, 1919, Fr Benedict of San Marco in Lamis - Letter's. I, p. 1111)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario