viernes, 21 de diciembre de 2012

Children welcome my poor prayers


 

Dec. 21

For the holidays of Holy Christmas and New Year, with a heart full of appreciation and affection than filial, I send my warmest congratulations, asking the child heavenly spiritual and temporal happiness.No doubt, the father of your child does comply, as it allows its smallness, its duty to our common father, with the firm hope of seeing their wishes fulfilled. Embrace the child to be born poor and weak my prayers, that you turn these days, with the most holy insistence, by Order, superiors, the province and the entire Church.Hear how curious phenomenon is occurring in me for some time, and, on the other hand, it is worrying. In prayer happens to me that I forget to pray for those who have been entrusted to me (not all, is true) or those for whom he intended to pray. Before I pray, I try to commit, for example, to this or that person, but my god, as soon as I walk in prayer, my mind is more complete in a vacuum and in it there is not the slightest trace of what they desired.Other times, however, being in prayer, I am moved to pray for those who never had any intention of praying and, what is more wonderful, sometimes in favor of those who have never met, or seen, or heard, and that never have been entrusted to me, even through others.And sooner or later, the Lord always hears these appeals. May the Lord make you aware of the true meaning of this new phenomenon as strange as, and if God wants you after I appear, please do not deprive me of it.
 
(December 20, 1910, Father Benedict of San Marco in Lamis - Letters. I, p. 442)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario