martes, 27 de marzo de 2012

Ecstasy



March 27



 I feel the ecstasy has increased in intensity and usually come with such force that all efforts to avoid them are useless. The Lord has brought the soul to a greater detachment from the things of this lower world, and feel that is getting stronger in the holy liberty of spirit.
I think that, at the bottom of this soul, thank you very much God has poured that focus on the compassion of the miseries of others, especially the poor and needy. The very great pity that my soul feels at the sight of a poor, fancies at its core a vehement desire to help him, and if I will attend to, I would strip me to my underwear to dress him.
Also, if I know that a person is afflicted, as in the soul than the body, what I would do before the Lord to see it free from its ills? Provided free to see it, I would load with ease with all their troubles in their favor giving the fruit of their sufferings, if the Lord permits.
Thanks to the gifts that the Lord continues to enrich myself, I feel much better on trust in God. At one time, I often seem to need the aid of others, not now. I know from experience that the true remedy is not to fall to rely on the cross of Jesus, trusting only in him, who wanted to remain hanging for our salvation.
(March 26, 1914, Fr Benedict of San Marco in Lamis - Letters. I, p. 460)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario