lunes, 5 de marzo de 2012

Walking to the sky


March 5

 I would like to say many beautiful things, all of Jesus, but I realize that this must be a pious wish, because the forces, which for some days I feel weaken, not let me. But Jesus be blessed! In love I am content with the bare necessities.
Moderate, dear father, I beg, their anxieties in regard to its spirit, because I think it's a waste of time in our journey toward heaven, and what is worse, many of these anxieties, which themselves may be holy, and our fragility and the insistent whip the devil, all of our beautiful actions, allow me the expression, are marred by some lack of confidence in the goodness of God.
It's just a very fine thread that has caught the spirit, but that prevents you from, and significantly, to soar in the ways of perfection and act with holy freedom. It is a serious injury that the soul does to our heavenly Bridegroom, and, therefore, woe is me, the sweet Lord deprives us of many graces just because the door of our heart is not open with holy confidence. The soul, if not decided to leave this state, brings upon himself many punishments.
Not seem exaggerated, dear father, this assertion of mine. Let's bring to mind that huge people of God in the desert for lack of trust very few came to set foot in the promised land. His own boss, I mean Moses, for doubting that hitting rock from which water had to leave to quench thirst of those thirsty people, was severely punished and never set foot in the promised land.
(August 17, 1913, Father Agustin de San Marcos in Lamis - Letters. I, p. 405)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario