lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012

He spent the melancholy



March 19
 


The devil, dear father, making me the war continues, and, unfortunately, does not seem to want to give up. In the early days when I tried, I confess my weakness was almost discouraged, but then gradually became melancholy and began to feel a little more lively. Then, to pray at the feet of Jesus, I find that I no longer feel or weight of fatigue caused me to beat me when I am tempted, nor the bitterness of temptation.
The temptations that relate to my life in the century are the ones that touch my heart, I cloud the mind, I produce a cold sweat - I say - make me shiver from head to toe. At this time the eyes do not serve only to mourn, and to comfort and cheer, I think what you gonna stating in their letters.
Also up to the altar, my God, I suffer the same assaults of the devil, but I have with Jesus and what shall I fear?
(March 19, 1911, Fr Benedict of San Marco in Lamis - Letters. I, p. 215)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario