viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2012

NINE days accompanied by St. Pio



NINE days accompanied by St. Pio
First Day:God's call
To start this tour we go to Holy Scripture tells us:
Then I was the word of YHVH in these terms:Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,and before you were born I consecrated you;Prophet to the nations I appointed you a. (Jeremiah 1:4-5).
The God of all grace,which has called to his eternal glory in Christ,after suffering briefrestore them, entrench, will strengthen and consolidate. (I Peter 5:10)
Suffice it to find and convince us first that it is God who calls. The initiative is only God. No flame or wiser people or more eloquent. Nor to the important and powerful. Moreover not call people who are considered "good", "holy" unfit for service in the Kingdom of God.
God calls whom He will.In Francesco Forgione (who later be Padre Pio) is no exception. God calls since I can remember. We're talking between 4 or 5 years old. Even then being just a "bambino", God had looked with a very special love and I had reserved for the sign of the presence of God's mercy in the world.It is true that when Francesco experiences in himself God's call is doing is going through a time of struggle between attraction ephemeral, fleeting and misleading "world" and following Jesus Christ crucified poor and humble style of St. Francis of Assisi . It is as if the Lord's call will drill and penetrate the heart of Francesco since childhood. His release is tested and it's time to decide between God or the "world", good or evil, life or death. Choose God and His will is a real struggle, because one's freedom is hindered by the consequences of sin. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Mt 26, 41) and therefore it is necessary to enjoy the full freedom of the children of God to choose, because "to be free Christ has set us free" (Gal 5, 1). This was the dilemma and Francesco experienced enormous challenge since childhood. He himself will count as follows:
I felt two forces clashed in me and I tore the heart: I wanted the world to him and God was calling me to a new life. My God, how to describe my martyrdom? Just to remember the struggle unfolding in me chills my blood in the veins. Twenty years have passed.
I felt I had to obey you, true God and good, but my enemies tyrannized me, me and me descoyuntaban bones twisted gut.
I wanted to obey, my God and my husband, but where do you find the strength to resist this world that is not yours?
Finally showed up and, holding out your almighty hand, took me to where you called me ... (Ep. III, p. 1006ss.).
This is the voice and experience of our Brother. Following Christ is not easy. Not only is it easy, but now seems meaningless.
In a globalized world, hedonistic, materialistic in which we have endeavored to kill God, removing almost all areas where man moves, the most exquisite flowers bloom Holiness.Grace of God. Definitely. The pure and is called grace. It is grace that ignore and pay attention to that voice calling. Grace is the answer to that call that leads to the decision to follow Christ. Everything absolutely everything is grace. But much has the answer of the person to God. For Francesco if he had not answered the call, the plan that God had for him, not sure what we would today as Capuchin friar, much less as a Saint. However, when we discover that God's grace precisely joined unconditional collaboration and generous, that "fiat" of Francesco Forgione, then we can find that when you combine God's grace and unconditional generosity of man, then God does " works great and wonderful "as it did in the P. Pius.

This is the question in which I invite you to reflect.
I propose the following questions:
1st.
Am I aware of the call that God does in my life?2nd. How long have you discovered in me that call?3rd What are the struggles that prevent me from closer monitoring of Jesus Christ?4th Am I willing to give up everything to gain Christ and I feel better and ephemeral easy road of sin?5th I trust you to let God truly free access to my life?6th What is my attitude to all this?7th What answer I give God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
For prayer:
Lord Jesus Christ, the human face of Godand infinite manifestation of the Father's mercyLight pours over me with your Holy SpiritI come to know what you are pleased,and can grow in me the grace of holinessTrinidad Augusta Thou oh you wanted to share with me.I pray for the intercession of Father Pius grant me repentance of my sinsAnd the generosity to make yourself known to all who are close to me.
Pray three Our Fathers, three Hail Marys with Glory ...
Closing Prayer:
Oh God that St. Pio of PietrelcinaCapuchin priestyou have given the signal privilegeto participate in a wonderful wayin the passion of your Son,grant us through her intercession,identificaros in the death of Christto share in his resurrection.Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Capuchin Friar Paul MissionarySeptember 14, 2012.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario